The author of the diet is Henry LN Anderson, an American nutritionist. He concluded that effective weight loss should not be about restricting food, but about properly burning fat and protein stored in the body. For this process, enzymes are needed that can be supplied by proper nutrition. According to him, combining proteins and carbohydrates causes fat deposition and the development of cellulite. The order in which meals are eaten is also important in the diet he proposes.
1. Principles of Anderson's diet
Anderson's diet is otherwise a disconnect diet . Its creator assumed that effective weight loss is possible only if we do not combine proteins and carbohydrates. The Hay and Tombak diets are also similar. The diet is based primarily on fruits, vegetables and nuts. Coffee, tea and alcohol should be avoided.
By using it, you can lose two kilos in two weeks, but you must follow the following rules:
- strictly follow the order of meals,
- do not combine proteins with carbohydrates,
- eat fruit and juices on an empty stomach,
- do not drink immediately after meals and during them,
- do not use any sauces (even those based on olive oil),
- do not drink carbonated water and processed juices (containing preservatives, enhancers, etc.),
- do not eat after 8 p.m.
In Anderson's diet, there are no fixed meal times, only a time frame within which certain foods should be eaten.
- Midnight to noon: only fruit and fruit juices.
- From noon to 4 p.m. – vegetable juices, followed by green lettuce or other green vegetables for half an hour.
- From 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. – you can eat anything to satisfy your hunger, you just have to remember not to combine proteins with carbohydrates.
Healthy slimming with Anderson's diet can be introduced gradually: for the first 8 days – only the morning program (otherwise, you eat as always), for the next 8 days – the morning and afternoon program, and finally the transition to the all-day program. The diet is ended when optimal weight is achieved, or is maintained permanently as a new diet. The Anderson method does not destroy the body. The products consumed during the diet provide the necessary nutrients and can therefore be considered a healthy diet .
- From 24 to 12 – we drink apple juice; we eat fruit such as grapes, pears and bananas.
- From 12.00 to 16.00 – we drink carrot juice; we can eat a tomato salad with the addition of onion, and almonds for dessert.
- From 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. – baked potatoes, possibly green peas or green beans; you can also eat lean meat with the addition of lettuce and vegetables.
2. Advantages and disadvantages of Anderson's diet
Like any diet, this one has its pros and cons. The main advantage of Anderson's diet is undoubtedly the fact that it is not overly restrictive. In addition, people who follow its recommendations can freely compose meals, according to their preferences. They don't have to eat the same food every day for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The slimming diet in question can improve your mood and regulate your metabolism. It is extremely convenient and practical for working people who eat mainly in the afternoon. The main disadvantages include the fact that it does not allow the consumption of milk. It is therefore important to ensure that the body is supplied with the right amount of calcium along with vegetables.
If you are wondering how to lose weight without starving yourself, be sure to try this method. It will allow you to lose a few kilograms and at the same time develop healthy eating habits.